Employment at Kingpin’s Alley
Kingpin’s Alley is the area’s premier destination for family fun. We are on a first name basis with many of our customers and those relationships come from having great people working in our center. We are always looking for fun, energetic people to join our team.
If you have a great personality, love to work with people, and have a flexible schedule then you could fit in with our team.
You can apply for a position by stopping into Kingpin’s Alley or you can download and fill out an application by clicking here.
Once completed, please return your application to Kingpin’s Alley or email it to email@example.com
Kids Party Host
Kingpin’s Alley is looking for fun and energetic people to host our birthday parties. Birthday attendants must be available to work weekends and an occasional evening. Job duties include setting up party rooms, greeting and attending to the needs of children of all ages. On hand approach with running a birthday party from the party room to the lanes to the arcade. Fun and outgoing personality is a must. Must be 15 years or older. Starting pay is $9/hr with occasional tips.
Snack Bar Attendant
Part time, evenings and weekends. Duties include cooking in an open kitchen, food preparation, stocking and cleaning. Must work well in a team environment and individually. Candidates must be able to work a busy line with speed, accuracy and consistency. Some cooking experience required. Must be 18 years or older. Starting wage $9/hr, plus some tips.
Part time, evenings and weekends. Good people skills and high energy level a must. Ability to handle cash accurately is very important. Duties include properly checking identification, preparing and serving drinks, setting up, and stocking the bar. Must be at least 18 years of age. Candidate must be TIPS certified or willing to enroll for certification. Knowledge of state liquor laws is necessary. Starting wage is $7.50/hour plus tips.
Part time, daytime and evening shifts available weekdays as well as weekends. Experience in mechanical aptitude is a plus. Duties include catering to lane calls on AMF pinsetters, maintenance on machines and other areas throughout the center, and performing tasks asked by head mechanic. Candidate must have the ability to safely bend, reach and properly lift objects up to 50 pounds. Must be 18 years or older.
Kingpin’s Alley has an immediate opening for a head mechanic. We are looking for an experienced AMF 82-70 mechanic. Pay will be based on experience. Vacation, PTO and performance based bonus plan.
To maintain the operating machinery, lanes, and other equipment at the highest level of efficiency and safety.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Maintain, repair, and adjust all machines and equipment; pinsetters, automatic scorers (where applicable), foul units, vending machines, snack bar and lounge equipment, etc.
– Follow all safety procedures, perform visual inspections and remain alert for signs of faulty equipment/machinery.
– Review lane call books on a daily basis, identify and resolve problems.
– Rebuild and weld parts as necessary; plows, pinholders, cushion boxes, rake shafts, etc.
– Perform lane maintenance in accordance with established company procedures and schedules; including mopping, toweling, stripping, oiling/dusting approaches, etc.
– Train pinchasers and other lane maintenance personnel; delegate work, monitor progress, and evaluate results.
– Maintain an inventory of all equipment and parts; maintain related records. Keep machine area orderly and safe.
– Develop temporary solutions to equipment problems to minimize down time until a permanent solution is available.
– Act as back up person for customer assistance in the pro shop; perform ball work and provide related assistance to customers; sell, fit, drill, and plug balls.
– Perform maintenance and light carpentry work on building exteriors and interiors; perform minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
– Communicate with Manager, District Mechanic and/or Head Mechanic (if applicable); keep them informed of problems or concerns.
– Perform light housekeeping duties as needed.
Functional supervision of pinchasers and “B” or “C” Mechanic(s).
Supervision is received from the Head Mechanic, Center Management, or other senior staff member.
High school diploma, Brunswick or AMF training, plus two to three years of experience as a “B” Mechanic and three to five years as a “C” Mechanic.
– Thorough working knowledge of machine and lane maintenance procedures.
– Familiarity with usage and safe operation of hand and power tools; welders, electric meters, air compressors, drills, saws, soldering irons, grinders, pullers, hydraulic presses, etc.
– Excellent working knowledge of pinchasing methods.
– Good working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, and electrical system.
– Ability to safely bend, reach and properly lift objects up to 50 pounds.